Saturday, June 18, 2016

Compromise with the future by promoting sustainable development

"Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
— from the World Commission on Environment and Development’s
During an english test we had to write a small essay on how we as individuals could promote sustainable development ourselves, so I decided to write something about it here also just for the sake of it.

 I can promote sustainable development in the World (Za Warudo!!) by buying local items and food instead of the cheaper ones that come from overseas. When I have old clothes to get rid off, I should atleast donate them or take them to a shop that has a bin for older clothes. It's not wise to throw away things that aren't meant for one-time use.
 When at home, I should know which type of trash belongs to which type of trash bin and understand all the options ´that are available to me, since such things are important to learn when talking about this particular subject. Steel trash to metal bin, bio-type trash to either a bin that is meant for it or the usual, normal bin. If I have batteries, broken electronics, suchs as a TV, dish- or cloth washer, I can take them to a local collection center where they open them up and put all the different material into their own bins and send them somewhere for remake and after that resell the new items that have been remade from the trash I threw away, and put t a good use with the next customer who bought the items, and hopefully at the end of that item's lifespan, the customer will decide to do the same thing as I did, and the next person after him would do the same, etc. In an eternal cycle. All in the name of sustainable development.


Pillars for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment